“Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself”
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to learn a bit more about me as a person. Feeling comfortable with your photographer will make all the difference, so I hope you can get a sense of things I love – time with my family, our fur baby Darcey, travelling, the outdoors, feel-good movies (even better if singing and dancing is involved!) and yummy food.
I am a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in beautiful Norfolk, but my work takes me all across the world.
Originally from South Africa, I now live in the UK as a full time photographer, with husband Mike (who runs Capture Media) and cockerpoo Darcey.
I don’t have a heart-warming story of picking up my grandads’ camera at age 3 and never letting it go, as you will most likely find on other photographers websites. I discovered photography much later in life. After obtaining a Bachelors degree in Science in 2004, I realised that it wasn’t for me. From a very young age my parents instilled in me the believe that if you work hard, treat everyone as an equal and keep your faith, anything is possible. Since then I’ve worked as a youth counsellor, luxury car sales person, event manager and marketing executive…only then did I discover my love and talent for photography.
I BELIEVE THAT
– family comes first and faith keeps me going –
– a good quote is all the inspiration you need-
– you should always explore the most overgrown path –
– you should never miss the opportunity to eat good food –
– it’s perfectly acceptable to speak to my dog as if it’s human –
– it’s ok to spend hours browsing home decor catalogues which I can’t afford –
– you can never watch too many re-runs of “friends” –
– if I become complacent I have stopped growing –
– our time on earth is short; explore the world –
– every person on this earth is valuable –
I absolutely love what I do, and that passion is what drives me. I get a front row seat at one of the most intimate days’ of people’s lives, travel the world, visit amazing places and make friends every time I pick up my camera.
I am truly blessed.